Please prepare for Winter Series, and other Surfski Races
REMEMBER THAT THE REGULATIONS APPLY TO ALL OFFSHORE PADDLING IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN AN ORGANISED RACE
On Saturday 20 June at 10am, we will be assisting those members who have ordered stickers, to fit them. Anthony Ridge has kindly agreed to be on hand to help , in this regard. We will also be on hand to assist you to load the NSRI app on your phone, and to demonstrate use of pencil flares, and smoke grenades
Our emphasis at this stage is assisting compliance. Please assist us in preparing yourselves for our Winter Series,
For Winter Series the NSRI “app” is approved by the committee for this purpose.
Minimum requirements for all Winter Series Events:
– Brightly colored life jacket
– A leash in sound working order, and must be attached to the body and to a safe point on the craft, preferably the foot strap.
– The CSA number of the paddler of the craft to be affixed to the craft on either side of the front deck.
– A cell phone with enough airtime, a fully charged battery, the race emergency number loaded, in a waterproof pouch, housed in a pocket of the PFD.
– A tracking device.
– A whistle.
– Brightly coloured clothing, including a Brightly coloured cap
– A minimum of 30% of the deck of the ski must be covered in a bright colored paint or a bright coloured (preferably luminous) decal. Or, 1000mm of the nose and 1000mm of tail of the ski must be painted a bright colour). We would like to see at least a portion of the tip and tail in a bright colour, right around, if possible.
– A bright coloured decal on the back of each blade of the paddle.
– 3 pencil flares or a single smoke flare